Friday, January 7, 2011

Review: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Renewing Treatment

I owe Kalmo this review, since I promised to work on it after finals. Haha, I'm a bit late. Forgive me? :) On with the review!


Ingredients: water, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, cyclomethicone D4, glycerin,  glycol stearate, ceteareth-20, polyquaternium-11, dimethiconol, parfum, lanolin oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed extract, argania spinosa (argan) oil, panthenol, DMDM hydantoin, tetrasodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone. red 40, yellow 5
Ingredient ♥

Experience: I picked this up because I had never tried anything with argan oil. I'll always be a drugstore girl, so I often wait for skincare trends to trickle down to a more affordable shelf. So I snatched it right up when I saw an Organix display featuring argan oil.

I have incredibly damaged hair. Ugh, it stems back to a deeply regretted decision in 2008 to give my hair a perm. Prior to this, I had virgin hair. My hair never touched hairspray, irons, dye, heck, even gel. My old hair was medium-thick and stick straight. I often didn't comb my hair and it stayed straight, which was why I felt encouraged to change my hair a bit. Digital waves were all the rage and I went to a salon in Hong Kong to get one. I couldn't articulate what I wanted, but there was a advertisement of Sarah Jessica Parker in a newspaper ad for the Sex and the City movie. I pointed and grunted and I think she understood? Lol, I got hair resembling hers. The takeaway lesson is don't ever ask for that kind of hair when you're in the barber's chair. My hair looked like a poodle's!

And I was left dealing with really damaged hair. Split ends galore (before then, I didn't even know what split ends were. It was a better time). Lesson learned. Now I learn to appreciate my boring straight hair each year I head to the stylist to trim off more of my limp, damaged perm hair.

With this sort of hair, I'm incredibly picky about hair care products. I need it to make a real difference in my hair or I'm chucking it.

As for this product, I sadly don't love it. It is a lushly scented cream treatment that made my hair slightly smoother and softer. But beyond that, I don't see it as a must-have. I don't think the formula was strong enough to penetrate and treat my thick hair. I realize that other people with different types of hair might love this, perhaps people with fine hair or less damage than mine. I might be too picky about hair products for the people with more manageable tresses. So I'm not not recommending it, if that makes sense. I'm just not recommending it for people with my type of hair. Hopefully, this review was helpful for people who wanted to try this out!

Cost-effectiveness: I bought this for $7.99, which is a dollar more than regular Organix hair products. You could probably wait it out for a sale (Ulta currently has a BOGO1/2 off sale), like when drugstores have a BOGOF Organix sale. 

Availability: I bought this at CVS and have also seen this at Ulta in store and online.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...