Monday, January 31, 2011

Review: Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray


Ingredients: deionized water, sodium PCA, sodium hyaluronate, cetrimonium chloride, collagen, panthenol, allantoin, glycerine, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, imidazolidinyl urea.

Experience: I picked this up during Cinema Secrets' Cyber Monday epic 50% sale. The ingredients looked pretty good from the web description. I realized that this spray can double as a Japanese lotion, as in a hydrating toner. Like my beloved Ishizawa lotion, it boasts hyaluronic acid. It even contains collagen! Thinking it over, it's not surprising this moisture spray is so similar to a Japanese lotion. The word for a lotion toner in Japanese is "化粧水", which translates to "cosmetic water". I suppose the Japanese also use it for setting makeup. I've long suspected that save cute packaging, Asian and American cosmetics weren't that different after all. You just have to look!

I used it for a month straight at my parents' house during winter break and I found it was just as hydrating as the Ishizawa one I am using up. My skin is plump with moisture. The best part is that it has a spray top and I just spritz it on my face a few times and blend it in with my fingers. My hands never touch the liquid inside, so zero contamination. Here's to you, germophobes!  

Cost-effectiveness: I picked up the 4 oz. spray bottle and 8 oz. refill bottle during the sale for $4.25 and $6.25 respectively. They regularly retail for double that. Even without the sale, it's a great deal. I paid $19.99 for a 120 mL (around 4 oz.) bottle of Ishizawa Hyaluronic Acid lotion. And a 4 oz. bottle lasts a looong time! If you don't want to pay full price, you can wait around for the next Cyber Monday. :)

Availability: You can buy it on the Cinema Secrets website. And you can email Cinema Secrets for a list of retailers that sell CS products.

Have you tried this? Interested? Your thoughts!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...