Sunday, January 2, 2011

Review: Freeman Superfruits Detoxifying Clay Facial Mask

I was incredibly excited to try the new Freeman's mask that I picked up during Thanksgiving weekend.

As you well know, I am a big fan of Freeman clay masks!


Ingredients: water, panthenol, hydroxyethylcellulose, glycerin, tetrasodium EDTA, propylene glycol, methylparaben, titanium dioxide, kaolin, polysorbate-20, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, emulsifying wax NF, gyceryl stearate se, propylparaben, persea gatissima (avocado) oil, tocopheryl (vitamin E) acetate, retinyl (vitamin A) palmitate, bentonite, lycium barbarum (goji) fruit extract, euterpe oleracea (acai) fruit extract, punica granatum (pomegrante) extract, mangifera india (mango) fruit extract, garcinia mangostana (mangosteen) peel extract, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit extract, morinda citrifolia (noni) fruit extract, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract, blue 1, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.  
Ingredient ♥ Ingredient :(

Experience: It is a blue mask with a scent that reminds me of Bath & Body Works' Cucumber Melon scent. Lol, it seemed like every girl in middle school wore cucumber melon lotion. It dried quickly for a mask and I felt some light tingling, which was not uncomfortable.

As for the quality...To put it bluntly, I hated it! I was so shocked, since I had thought that Freeman could do no wrong. But this mask was absolutely useless. It did not detoxify as the name suggests. In fact, it doesn't  do much of anything. It did not suck the excess oil off my skin or minimize my pores or shrink my pimples. It didn't even moisturize that well.

From looking at the ingredients, I understood why. How could they call it a clay mask when there's more preservative than clay?! Usually a Freeman mask has kaolin (clay) as its 2nd ingredient, but this one lists kaolin as 9th most ingredient. And there's also more perservatives than the fruit extracts they featured.

Honestly, Freeman skimped on the ingredients on this mask and as a result, the quality suffered greatly. I'm not even sure what to do with the rest of the tube!

Cost-effectiveness: I picked this for $3.99, which is affordable for a clay mask. But for a useless clay mask, it's way too expensive.

Availability: I found mine at Ulta and Freeman's site sells it too.
Honestly, I hope this mask is not an indication of what's more to come from Freeman. I much prefer their other masks. Please, please, please don't cheapen the quality, Freeman!

Have you tried this mask too? Your thoughts!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...