Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Sightings at CVS: Revlon, L'oreal, and Almay

I dropped by CVS today to check out new products and there's plenty to see!

A new Revlon display popped up with new eye products!




It contains the CustomEyes Mascara with adjustable wand.The mascara gets a pretty harsh review from Muse, so try at your own risk! :)

Retails for $8.99

I'm particularly interested in the CustomEyes eyeshadow/liners palettes!

Retails for $8.99
I love the cable-knit design! Gianna has better pics of the palettes here. That being said, I'm a bit disappointed that they are made in China. I have nothing against Chinese-made products. I love and buy wet N wild and N.Y.C. products which are all made in China. But I always thought that brands like Revlon and L'oreal and Maybelline which are pricier than wet N wild and N.Y.C. were more costly because they were US-manufactured. What would be the point of buying a $9 Revlon palette when you can buy a $4 wet N wild palette, if they're both made in China? I'm curious as to how these palettes perform. But I won't be purchasing until I read good reviews or come across a really good Revlon sale. 

A close-up of the new Revlon eyeliner.
Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon retails $9.99

Behind the Revlon display was a new L'oreal skincare stand!

What the heck is "Gene Science"?

Some close-ups of the new products. Forgive the blurriness!

Eye Cream

Day/Night Cream

Day Lotion with SPF 30

Serum
Starter System with Day Lotion, Day/Night Cream, and Eye Cream
The Starter System retails $34.99 and everything else retails $24.99. 
Yowza, this is super pricey for drugstore products. I'm not a fan of L'oreal, so I'm not going ga-ga over this. But I'll be willing to try when there's a crazy good sale.

New Almay displays are also up!

Retails for $12.99
This is the new Almay Wake-Up Powder Foundation that Gianna blogged about, that features a gimmicky powder that transforms into liquid. This also gets a thumbs-down from Muse

The other Almay display features smoky eye kits.
$7.49 for eyeshadow kit and $8.79 for mascara/liner kit
I didn't get anything today, sometimes a stroll is enough! :) Any of these catch your fancy? Did you already haul them? Your thoughts!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...