Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brand Crush: Dylan's Candy Bar

I've recently fallen in love with a body care brand! Dylan's Candy Bar! DCB seems to be a luxury candy store chain that has added a fashion and beauty component.

My Preciouuuss

I discovered it randomly browsing through Ross. Body care stuff is really hit-or-miss there. But I came across the Birthday Cake Batter Body Smoothie Lotion and was intrigued because of the name. I love creamy, sugary scents! It smells amazing! It's so hard to describe, like donut custard filling or frosting. Lol, I feel like I inhaled calories. I looked at the label and was pretty impressed by the ingredients: no mineral oil, no parabens, and lots of natural oils and extracts. I hauled this for $3.99. It's supposed to cost $7.99 at Ross, but someone broke the safety seal. Gross, but I bought it because I still really wanted it! I definitely wouldn't buy it at full price ($16 for 10 oz.).

EDITED TO INCLUDE INGREDIENTS
Ingredients: water, caprylic/caprictrigyceride, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, simmondsia, chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, dimethicone, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf (aloe vera) extract, spirulina maxima (algae) extract, bisabolol, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), PEG-12 dimethicone, xanthan gum, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), fragrance, silica, disodium EDTA, phenoxythanol, chlorphenesin.
Ingredient ♥

When I applied it, it was a very milky texture. It's a very rich lotion, so some might find it greasy, but it's perfect for the dry winter weather! It doesn't absorb as quickly as my favorite Aveeno lotion. But I don't mind, I apply it right after I shower, and I think my skin absorbs it best then. The scent disappears a bit quickly on the skin and reduces to like a popcorn jelly bean smell, lol.


After this lotion, I was super addicted and wanted snatch it all up. I picked up a back-up, seal broken again. *Sigh* I also found and hauled the body lotion in Chocolate Cupcake and a Candy Butter Cream (body butter type) in Coconut Bon Bon at Ross. They also had sugar scrubs and body washes and a line scented Strawberry Licorice, but they didn't interest me.

I also used up my $15 Sephora certificate to order the Candy Lip Savers. They're out of stock now. :/

When I'm finished with the Birthday Cake Batter lotion, I'll break open the other products to try. Stay tuned for reviews!

If you're interested in trying it out, check your local Ross.

Also, Sephora seems to be discontinuing the line, so it's even cheaper at Sephora! Right now Sephora is selling Candy Butter Cream in Birthday Cake Batter for $5.50 and Body Smoothie Lotion in Coconut Bon Bon for $4 and some body washes. I hauled some myself tonight!

And Dylan's Candy Bar online storefront is having a BOGOF sale, which lowers the prices to around what Ross is charging. But online buying keeps dirty hands from breaking the safety seal! Check it out here.

Interested? Your thoughts!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...