Saturday, December 18, 2010

Collective Sightings at CVS, Haul, and Swatches

I'm back from the cruel experience that is finals week and I survived! :P
 
I've walked through CVS a few times this past week, but haven't been able to post it until now. 

Last Saturday night I've walked through the beauty once again, because that's my most exciting activity during finals week, lol!

I spotted the Milani baked eyeshadows I've been lusting after!

Milani Marble Baked Eyeshadow, the aqua/powder blue one is lust-worthy! Retails $6.99.

Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadow, with the red one I love! Retails $6.99 too.

The price is a bit high for drugstore, so wait until CVS has the BOGO1/2off sales! Check out both displays, because sometimes the eyeshadows are misplaced! Also, I've been having trouble finding the purple baked one in the metallic display. I wonder if they forget to bring it out or it's super popular.

They are really ramping up Almay for 2011, look at all the displays!

Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara ($8.49) and Eye Makeup Remover ($5.99)

Almay Dial Up Mascara, retails for $8.49!

Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder, retails $13.99.

I haven't used Almay since they launched eyeshadow palettes for different eye colors a few years ago. If I see something cool launching this year, I'll give it a try!

I don't know how recent it is, but I noticed they changed the packaging of Maybelline's uber popular Stylish Smokes eyeshadow quads. 


Stylish Smokes in Emerald Smokes, That's my friend Wilson's hand! He wants the credit, lol.
Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes, his hand too. :P
As you may notice, they changed the proportions of each shade. Before, each shade was equal size. You now get more of the "Brow Bone" shade, which is now called Base and less of the Outer Corner shade now called Liner. I think it's a great change, I end up using most of the Base color and less of the Liner shade anyway. What do you think of the change?

As you may have guessed, I hauled the Milani eyeshadows! I hauled a red from the metallic line and a fabulously complex looking one from the marble collection.




I couldn't wait for a sale this time, but I'll wait next time to get my hands on the purple and aqua!

Tops off, so gorgeous! I do hate the packaging though. It was so difficult to get the top off. I took a bit off the red eyeshadow with my nail when I opened too hard. *Tear*



The photo does not truly capture the multicolored amazingness that is Famous Duo. I spotted red shimmer, silver shimmer, in a black-brown base. It'll probably be great for a holiday smoky eye. The red eyeshadow isn't a true red, comes off a bit orange-red. I love it, never thought I would look good with red eyeshadow. :) I think it would look great on warm tones!

Spotted these displays in your stores yet? Any lemmings? Your thoughts! :)

P.S. I promised myself that I would write a post everyday during winter break, now that I have time to do so. So watch out for more coming soon! :D 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...