Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Sightings at CVS and Haul

I went to CVS today to use up a $5 off $15 coupon. While I was there, I spotted some new displays.

New collection from Organix with argan oil! Organix is my favorite shampoo brand, I love their quirky botanical combos. Argan oil has been the it-ingredient in haircare for a while. Nice to find it in a more affordable range!

The collection includes shampoo, conditioner, hair serum, and treatment.
Some closeups 

EDIT: The shampoo and conditioner retail for $7.99 too.

The hair serum, it's not 100% aragan oil though.

I jotted down the ingredients for the Renewing Moroccan Aragan Oil Penetrating Oil (hair serum).

Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, C12-15, alkyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, argania spinoza (argan) oil, linum usitatissimum (linseed) extract, parfum, yellow 11, red 17

The ingredients are similar but definitely not identical to Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum.

The hair serum (in the box) and treatment (in the tub) retail for $7.99.

I spied some new Rimmel foundations.
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation retails for $8.99
It's pretty chic for Rimmel. The packaging is luxe-looking, in a heavy glass bottle. Wonder how it performs! If you're in the UK, you can enter here to win a free full-size sample of this foundation to try out. 

Also saw some Tweezerman sets. 

I don't like traditional tweezers, I'm used to the scissor grip variety. I run through the revlon scissor grip ones quickly, because they misalign in months. I'm looking for a more durable scissor variety. Any suggestions?

A Maybelline One By One Volume Express Mascara display

Lol, it's not just cardboard, it's a giant wand replica. I'd blind myself with it if i used it!


I've seen this Milani display for a while. But it's the first time I haven't seen glitter polishes picked clean. 

Milani is BOGO1/2 off this week.

Aaaand my haul

I got: 
Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Renewing Treatment ($7.99)
Milani Jewel FX Nail Lacquer in Gold and Gems ($4.99, BOGO1/2 off)
eos Lip Balm With SPF 15 in Lemon Drop ($2.99 on sale with $2.99 extra bucks, Thanks Gianna for the tip!)

I'm really excited to try the treatment. My hair is crazy damaged, I'll try anything to get rid of my split-ends. 
I'm slightly nervous about the glitter polishes. I feel like the trend is on its last leg. I'll bet next spring everyone will be rocking duochrome shades instead, and I'll be stuck with a dozen glitter polishes, lol.

Any of these new collections pique your interest? Have you tried them already? Your thoughts!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...