Monday, October 25, 2010

A Tale of Two Moisturizers: Reviews for Aveeno Daily Moisturizer Lotion and Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Original Shea

I'm back to review the two lotions I'm currently using. 


Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oat Flour (Avena Sativa), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride
Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.3%)
Ingredient ♥ 

Experience: Sometimes, I think my mother is a beauty savant. She could care less about finding HG products or spending a little more money to get something awesome. But she always seems to come across great finds with little effort. When I started college, she packed this moisturizer for me to use. I used it, thinking nothing of it. I was aw-mazed! I have dry-ish skin on the rest of my body, which can even crack if I don't moisturize! The lotion is fast absorbing, non-greasy, and soo moisturizing! I felt my legs under my pants 12 hours after application and it was baby soft. The lotion is fragrance-free, which I prefer, since people can be picky about scents. I cannot love this lotion enough! Definitely HG. This is something I'll buy and buy again.

Cost-effectiveness: This retails from $7-11 dollars depending on size and location. The best deal is found at Costco, which sells a 2-pack of 18oz. each for under $20. 

Availability: Any drugstore, grocery store, or most retailers in America and many online retailers will carry this lotion. It is extremely popular. Costco sells it at a bargain. Take advantage of your membership or a friend's to purchase this!




Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Glyceryl Stearate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG 100 Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, PEG 8 Beeswax, Lanolin Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Laureth 4, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Caramel
Ingredient ♥ 

Experience: I was so excited to try this body butter because of the rave Kalmo gave this to this brand. The butter was also fast absorbing, though it doesn't absorb as fast as Aveeno.. Also, it is decent at moisturizing, but not as long-lasting as Aveeno. It has a scent that is reminiscent of almond milk pudding for some reason. If you like that scent, go for it! Overall, a good moisturizer, but not HG material.

Cost-effectiveness: I bought this in a quartet from Costco for $13.99. Each tub has 7 oz. worth of moisturizer. It is also sold in singlets around $5-8 each. Costco is clearly the bargain spot, if you don't care about picking specific fragrances and buying in bulk. 

The quartet has Original Shea, Hawaiian Kukui, Coconut Lime, and Tahitian Grass
Availability: Walmart, Costco, Amazon, and other online retailers.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...