Thursday, October 14, 2010

My First M.A.C. Haul: Venomous Villains Bite of An Apple Blush

I'm pretty much a virgin to high-end, and a part of me has always been proud of that. But once I started hauling R&R, I fell down the rabbit hole. When Tao (haha, I mention her a lot because she's the one who got me into cosmetics, my guru!) talked about how "gorgeous" Bite of An Apple blush was from the M.A.C. Venomous Villains collection, I couldn't help myself!

Well, I could have, but that wouldn't be any fun, would it? ;)

I hit the local M.A.C. in my town. Being in fancy department stores and cosmetic boutiques still make me really nervous. I somehow feel guilty if I don't buy everything in sight. Do you feel that way too? 

I swatched BoaA and, while it was gorgeous in the pan, looked pretty dull on my skin. It was a reddish tint on my skin and had none of the pretty fluorescent coral it displayed in the pan. After being spoiled by the silkiness and pigmentation of R&R blushes, I found it deficient in that department. But it's relatively pigmented and buildable, which means it's much easier to work with than R&R. 

The beauty powders were a different story. Oh So Fair and Briar Rose were so silky and the colors looked really captivating on my skin. Oh So Fair had a neutral pink color that was flattering on me, while Briar Rose had the lavender pink color reminiscent of R&R's Tease, but more purple-toned. I preferred the beauty powders far more than the blushes in this collection. But at $25 apiece, I couldn't bring myself to buy something even more expensive than R&R. 



I hauled BoaA, despite my unsatisfactory in-store swatch, hoping I'd change my mind when I got home. 
There's a print of the Evil Queen from Snow White. I'm not that into this packaging, though she looks pretty fierce. :P





Unfortunately, the blush remained gorgeous in the pan and blah on my skin. Oh well, at least I got another coral blush. I'm in love with peachy blushes. Gosh, I'm turning into a blush collector. Save me!

Did you get this blush too? Your thoughts! :D

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...