Friday, October 15, 2010

Review: Jane Blushing Cheeks in Blossom, Dupe Alert!

I see that the R&R blushes are almost wiped out since the commencement of the sale last night. But Spank has been out of stock for longer. 


For those who did not get to partake, there's an identical dupe for R&R Spank!

I heard of this through theymightbejenny's review of R&R Spank on MUA. She said Jane's Blushing Cheeks in Blossom was virtually the same shade as Spank. This was before I myself got ahold of Spank, so I thought it was a great idea to try Spank on the cheap before I invested big. 



I picked up Blossom at Rite Aid for $4.19. This is 3.4g worth of product.

I really loved it! It's just as the name indicated, it looks like my cheeks are blushing. In the pan, it looks like a flat rosy color. It really transforms itself on the skin. It's a vibrant pink. Just like R&R blushes, it's super-pigmented. The texture is silky, but in a different way than R&R. It has a more plastic-y feel, but not unpleasant. 

When I got Spank, I compared the two side-by-side. 



I was so shocked, they even look similar in the pan!


As you can see, they're pretty much the same color. theymightbejenny says Blossom is more yellow-toned. I think Blossom is more pigmented than Spank. It only took two swipes to get the swatch of Blossom, whereas it took four swipes for Spank.  In addition, Blossom shows up more lively on my cheeks than Spank. In a way, I can understand the hype over Spank. I definitely love the color that Blossom provides. I also found Blossom much more portable. It's tiny compared to the R&R compact, so there's no way it can't fit into a makeup bag. And the cost is sweet on your wallet. You don't even have to wait for a sale to get it. You can buy five Blossom's for the price of a half-off Spank!


I definitely recommend Blossom over Spank. This definitely shows you don't have to pay a lot to get a quality product. I'll be getting a back-up.

Have you tried either? Both? Your thoughts!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...