Friday, February 18, 2011

Mystery Sleek Blush

Back in my brief Sleek Makeup obsession last December, I was scoping out eBay's offerings. And I stumbled upon a mystery blush. 



It wasn't listed on the Sleek website or mentioned in any blogs at the time. What could it be?


Sleek's blush in Life's a Peach! As soon as I read the the name, I knew I would pick it up. I cannot resist peachy blushes! The color just looks so flattering on light-medium warm skin tones. Plus I'm set for this season, looks like orange blushes are back! I picked up for around $11 including shipping. 

Top off


Don't be scared off by the safety cone orange shade in the pan. It is actually a beautiful matte orange peach blush that translates beautifully on your cheeks!

I set about comparing it to the other orange blushes in my collection. 


I picked R&R's blush in Immoral because it looks super orange-y in the pan too and also N.Y.C. Peach Glow Face Powder in apparent memoriam. First off, I must note that the photo makes the blush seem darker than it is, the true color is actually more bright and lively. 

It took a few swipes of Sleek to show up on my arm, whereas it only took a swipe for the other two. However, I wouldn't hold this against Sleek at all. R&R's Immoral is infamously hard to work with since it's so pigmented. You might need more than one light swipe for Life's a Peach to show up on your cheeks, but you'll never look clownish. And though N.Y.C. is slightly more pigmented, the color of Peach Glow seems too subtle. 

Sleek is that awesome combo of seeming totally flattering and the color still coming through on the cheek. It's like Peach Glow and Immoral got together had a mild mannered baby! Immoral has a stronger hint of neon red coral and Peach Glow is a more peachy beige shade.  

It is definitely one of my favorite blushes to wear. I don't worry that it's going to be too flashy for a day look. It's the perfect pop of color on a dreary winter's day. According to Sabina, this shade is limited edition. It's still not on the Sleek website, but there seems to be eBay sellers who have stock. Check it out!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...