Friday, February 18, 2011

How I Spent Valentine's

I meant to post this on Tuesday, but school work caught up to me. Here goes anyway: 

One photo is all you need.


Sorry for the funky lighting, but I just wanted to eat at that point and didn't bother taking more photos. :P

In lieu of competing with all the other couples on V-Day, the bf and I decided it would be cheaper and less of a hassle to cook a meal at home. 

I made: 
Braised lamb shanks wrapped in eggplant (this was delicious, but took hours!)
Roasted garlic mashed potatoes (surprisingly hard to do w/o a potato masher. Oh well, I love lumps!)

BF made: 
Green salad with sliced apples and walnuts and an awesome balsamic vinaigrette (not pictured, because we gobbled it up already!)

I can be pretty bossy in the kitchen sometimes (read: all the time). But it was nice cooking together, just the two of us in normal clothes and barefoot (no evil high heels). I'm thankful that I have a valentine to spend the day with.

If you can still recall, how was your Valentine's Day?! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...