Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review: Freeman Pineapple Facial Enzyme Mask

I would like to share my thoughts on this raved mask, since I've given it a few tries now.


Ingredients: water (aqua), bromelain, papain, ananas sativus (pineapple fruit) extract, glycolic acid, lactic acid, camomilla recutita (chamomile) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, butylene glycol, glycerin, cocamidopropyl bentain, sorbitol, PVP/dimethylaminethylmethacrylate, copolymer, polyethylene, PPG-5-ceteth-20, carbomer, potassium hydroxide, hydroxyethylcellulose, DMDM hydantoin, ethylparaben, methylparaben, yellow 5 (Cl 19140), yellow 6 (Cl 15965), fragrance (parfum)

Ingredient ♥ Ingredient :(


Experience: I really wanted to love this mask, since it is so cheap for a chemical exfoliating mask! I always try to find an American version for whatever skincare I'm into. But it's been especially hard to find any American beauty brands that sell products featuring hyaluronic acid or peeling gels that are affordable. This is the only affordable American version that I know of that tries to imitate the peeling gel that's so widely available in Asia.
However, it doesn't work exactly the same as a peeling gel. You can put this on a wet face. And there's a waiting period for the mask to work its magic, 10 minutes. Usually, I do all my exfoliation right before or during my shower, so residue doesn't stay on my face or get stuck in my hair.
I apply a thin layer on my face 10 minutes before I take a shower. The scent is light, but smell deliciously of juicy pineapples. The texture is gel-like and feels gritty, but nothing that can physically exfoliate your skin. When I rinse it off in the shower, my skin feels soft and smooth, but not tight. The dead skin is sloughed away gently on my nose and jawline. I follow it up with a scrub. Adding a scrub after sounds like overkill, but I have done it ever since I've read Babybubblz's advice. I've experienced no adverse effects from the double exfoliation. But don't do this if you have sensitive skin or if you don't need extra exfoliation!

Cost-effectiveness: Very affordable at $3.99. This is less than a third of the price of peeling gels I see in Asian supermarkets in the Bay Area, which start around $13. And you get a lot of product for your money, 6 oz!

Available: Not available at every drugstore, but it can be found at Rite-Aid and Walmart and online.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...