Friday, July 9, 2010

Review: Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Anti-Stress Mud Mask

I'm super pleased that my Rite-Aid offered so many varieties of Freeman products, unlike CVS and Walgreen's. It carries a TON of Freeman masks. And I was able to buy some of the masks in packet form. I like this better, because I can try a bunch of different types of mask without getting stuck with a crappy mask in tube form. I am reviewing the Dead Sea Minerals type.


Ingredients: water (aqua), kaolin, bentonite , titanium dioxide, propylene glycol, magnesium aluminum silicate, macrocystis pyrifera extract , sea salt , lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil , citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil , tocopherol , caprylic/capric triglyceride, montmorillonite , disodium EDTA, sodium polyacrylate, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben , propylparaben, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, fragrance (parfum), blue 1.
Ingredient ♥ Ingredient :(

Experience: When I ripped open the mask, I was shocked by how blue it was, like electric blue. It had a fruity scent. It totally brought back memories of blue raspberry ICEE's. It looked and smelled like one.


Bet it doesn't taste like it though. :P SO blue!

I put a thin layer over my entire face, avoiding the eyes of course. There was no irritation at all, which is surprising for a clay mask. I liked the ingredients, though I didn't know what to expect. After I rinsed off the mask when it dried, I was pleased to find that the pimples on my cheek had reduced in size and their redness dramatically diminished. My skin also felt softer and smoother. I loved it!

Cost-effectiveness: At $1.99 each, a packet (.5 fl oz. or 15 mL) has enough product for two uses, though in my opinion is still not very thrifty in the long term. It does deliver some pretty incredible results. Most Freeman masks in packet form also come in a 6 oz. tube size, which just costs two dollars more.
From looking on the Freeman site, this doesn't seem to be the case for Dead Sea Minerals. Still worth trying!

Availability (to the best of my knowledge): Rite-Aid


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...